The ultimate guide on how to cure a hangover after Oktoberfest 2018
Wiesn Beer and Oktoberfest are unimaginable without each other and you must have a backup plan in case you overdo it with the alcohol. No one wants to deal with hangover symptoms such as nausea, headache, vomiting etc, and it’s a good thing that there are a few tips that can prevent this from happening. The list is so long enough for everyone that you are sure to find the best solution.
The best foods to cure a hangover
- Chicken soup is probably the main food people suggest for curing a hangover. It gives you salt and B vitamins that help produce the glucose you need in order to avoid nasty hangover symptoms.
- Rollmops are pickled herring fillets, rolled into a cylindrical shape and they’re often served in Germany to reduce hangover symptoms. They are beneficial due to their content in salt and fish protein, which replaces electrolytes that your body has lost.
- Cabbage was believed to counterbalance the effects of wine by the Romans, and therefore it became the best hangover cure that people use today. It’s helpful because cabbage contains alkalizing qualities that can neutralize the natural acidity of the wine.
- Pretzels are often seen everywhere during Oktoberfest and the reason for that is because they are high in salt and can prevent dehydration caused by drinking alcohol. You don’t want to become dehydrated because then you might be faced with awful dizziness. Pretzels are great in combination with bananas.
- Peanut butter is delicious, and who says delicious food can’t help with a hangover? Peanuts contain niacin, a vitamin that metabolizes alcohol, and if you pair them with jelly and toast it’s the perfect treat.
The best drinks to cure a hangover
- Water is the most simple and yet effective hangover cure you can find and you can’t go wrong with it. We recommend drinking a glass of water after drinking one bottle of beer. This helps to keep you hydrated, replenishing lost fluids due to alcohol consumption. Nothing is more dangerous than dehydration when it comes to a hangover.
- Pickle juice is something Russian people use for a hangover and they find it helpful. It has a strong taste which immediately makes you feel sober again. It contains essential salts that can substitute for the lost electrolytes in your body.
- Sports drinks are also useful when you consume too much alcohol and you feel drained and exhausted.
- Vit2Go! Hangover Aid is a water-soluble food supplement that contains all the important vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and valuable amino acids that the body needs to rehydrate and recover. Make sure you pack one of these in your traveling bag because it can prevent a hangover and make Octoberfest as hangover-free as possible.
Helpful tips to avoid a hangover
The best way you can assure hangover-free mornings is to drink wisely. Here are some additional steps you can take if you want to prevent an Octoberfest 2018 hangover.
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach because it increases your chances of experiencing a nasty hangover. Beer is the main attraction of Octoberfest but the food is also amazing. Find something that tastes good and that you can afford, and fill up your stomach before you start drinking. Your body will thank you!
- Drink slowly and don’t mix different drinks because is you drink everything that you get your hands on in a record amount of time; you’ll probably end up hugging the toilet. It’s smart to find a drink that works for you and stick to it. You also might want to limit the number of drinks to what you actually need to have an amazing time and still remember this once in a lifetime adventure.
- Exercise the morning after, even though it’s very hard, it may be beneficial for your hangover. You need to sweat out the alcohol from your body and release neurochemicals and hormones. This step can be skipped if you already feel dehydrated.
Last but not least, make sure you have enough sleep. Your body needs sleep to recover from partying and drinking. You want to wake up fresh, ready to attend another crazy Octoberfest 2018 party.
Let’s make it clear – hangovers can be avoided only if you don’t drink alcohol or drink a moderate amount. In case you overdo it and have nasty hangover symptoms, follow our advice and you can have a much easier life. Choose foods that can bring back those lost electrolytes back, such as cabbage. Make sure you drink enough of water and prevent a hangover with Vit2Go! Hangover Aid. Munich’s famous beer festival can be a fun and unforgettable experience and you don’t want to wreck it with horrible hangovers, so be smart and drink moderately.